LeadingAge is pleased to offer a student program at the 2018 PEAK Leadership Summit for students enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university at the undergraduate or graduate level. Students must be at least 18 years old.
The program exposes students to the dynamic world of aging services and introduces them to cutting-edge practices and the transformational, forward-thinking leaders who are shaping the future of our field. Students participate in conference education and networking opportunities, gain connections with seasoned professionals, and accompany leaders to meet with Congressional representatives and advocate on behalf of elders and the people who serve them.
Invest in yourself and in your future—be part of a unique event tailored to leadership and strategic thinking in the exciting field of aging! In addition to enjoying all of the events and networking at PEAK, the Student Program will include:
- Student Welcome and Orientation Table
- Advocacy 101 – Students will gain a basic understanding of legislative visits and how to influence critical policy-making decisions. They will discuss LeadingAge’s policy priorities for 2018 and how they can participate in the LeadingAge Lobby Day on Wednesday, March 21.
- Lobby Day – Students will be paired with a mentor and join a state group on Capitol Hill to collectively tell lawmakers how their actions affect the work of aging services providers and the people they serve.
- Access to all events included in the full registration at the 2018 PEAK Leadership Summit
(Recommended sessions for students: General Session—Radical Candor: Care Personally and Challenge Directly, 1-A Leadership Workshop: Leveraging Radically Candid Relationships, 3-B. Living with Dementia: Seeing beyond the Diagnosis,8-C. Visionary Leaders: The Essential Qualities That Set Them Apart, 22-E. Addressing the Challenges for Senior Living: Planning for the Future, 23-F. Positioning for the New Senior Living Consumer, 29-G. Scenario Planning: Looking to 2030)
Student Conference Scholarship Information and Application
LeadingAge invites full-time students (over the age of 18) to submit scholarship applications to attend the 2018 PEAK Leadership Summit March 18-21, 2018, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington DC.
Student Conference Registration Scholarship includes:
- Individual Student registration for the four day conference (Sunday-Wednesday)
Students are responsible for covering hotel, airfare and other expenses related to the event.
Scholarship Applicant Eligibility:
- You must be a full time student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university in the United States at the time of the conference (March 2018).
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in aging services.
- You must be at least 18 years of age by March 1, 2018.
- If you receive a scholarship and do not notify LeadingAge that you cannot attend prior to the conference, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes a scholarship away from another student that could have attended.
Please do NOT register for the PEAK Leadership Summit prior to receiving your scholarship acceptance letter.
Scholarship Application Checklist:
- Online Scholarship Application Form
- One (1) letter of reference from academic advisor or faculty member at the school you are attending
- Transcript or ID verifying full-time student status
Scholarship Submission Deadline and Details:
- Scholarship application and accompanying attachments must be submitted through the online application form.
- LeadingAge covers the PEAK Leadership Summit registration fee. Students are responsible for covering hotel, airfare and other expenses related to the event.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted no later than March 9, 2018 and are reviewed on a rolling basis. There are limited scholarships available so please submit applications as soon as possible. You can expect to hear back from LeadingAge within 5-7 business days regarding your application status. Once approved, you will be given instructions as to how to register and use your scholarship.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.