To bridge the gap between the strategic-level guidance (the Strategic Scenario Planning Report and the CAST Vision Video) and the operational hands-on technology selection tools (EHR, Telehealth, Medication Management, Functional Assessment and Activity Monitoring, and Shared Care Planning and Coordination) that CAST produced, CAST along with the Strategic IT Planning workgroup created an educational module aimed at executive team to help organizations:
- Identify the role of technology applications on the organization’s strategic goals.
- Identify technologies to help achieve these goals.
- Conduct Strategic IT Planning to update the communications and information infrastructure to support all technology applications that support strategic business goals.
The educational module includes the following components:
- Strategic IT Planning Workbook
- An interactive online tool to help you navigating the workbook and its resources.
- Process flowcharts illustrating each phase of the strategic planning, IT planning, and technology application planning processes.
- Case studies showcasing provider experiences in strategic IT planning.