A nursing administrator is a management position and he or she oversees the clinical teams in the older adult community. Jobs in this career ladder include registered nurse supervisors, clinical managers, or directors of nursing.
- Education needed: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Salary: $74,000-$90,000
- Similar careers: manager, administrators in other health services, health insurance agent
- Job outlook: high growth
Nursing services careers include nursing assistants, senior nursing assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Registered Nurses.
- Education needed: Special training for nursing assistant, Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree for a nurse
- Salary: $21,000 (nursing assistant) — $63,000 (registered nurse)
- Similar careers: home care aide, dental assistant, veterinary assistant
- Job outlook: above-average growth
Learn more about this job from professionals in the field:
Kirby Reese, LPN, Laurel View Village
Michael St. Hilaire, LPN, Cypress Cove at HealthPark