Why build a grassroots network?
- We must organize to change public policy.
- Grassroots organizing is an essential strategy to help us achieve short-term and long-term policy reforms.
- Together, we can advance issues, challenge failed systems, and become respected participants in decisions that affect our communities.
- Together, we can influence public awareness, political will, and decision-makers.
- We need to educate decision-makers, and the best way to do so is by telling your story.
What is the mission of the Seniors Action Network?
Our mission is to advocate, with one voice, for policies that ensure the best care for America’s elderly.
- Expanding an ongoing and influential presence on Capitol Hill.
- Mobilizing a growing network of advocates for the elderly throughout the nation.
- Cultivating relationships with the media to highlight issues impacting the elderly
What are the current legislative goals of the Seniors Action Network?
- Affordable senior housing; preservation of existing housing communities; and construction of new housing to keep up with demand.
- Quality nursing home care
- Removing barriers to Medicare/Medicaid
- Financing Services and Supports
For more information, contact Joe Franco at 202-508-9442.