UPDATED July 7 — Visit this page regularly for current information, tools, and resources to help LeadingAge members plan for and respond to COVID-19.
NEW CAMPAIGN: ACT FOR OLDER ADULTS
The "Act For Older Adults" campaign is rallying Americans from all walks of life to add their voice to ours. Across the country, executives, care workers, residents and their families and friends are reaching out to demand that Congress enact comprehensive relief for older Americans. Join us!
We are sharing the very latest with members twice each weekday. Subscribe to "LeadingAge Need to Know" via communications preferences in your MyLeadingAge account to receive morning email updates. Register to join live online updates at at 3:30 p.m. ET.
See an archive of all member updates.
- HUD issues evictions guidance, housing stability brochure (7/7/20) NEW
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Program & Mask Fittings (7/7/20) NEW
- Screening Tips for Nursing Homes (7/6/20)
- HUD leadership says “safety first” for physical inspections (7/6/20)
- Paycheck Protection Program Extended to August 8 (7/6/20)
- Nursing Homes and COVID-19 Crisis Front and Center on Senate Floor (7/2/20)
- Senate Democratic Leadership Issues Report on the Administration’s Response to COVID-19 (7/2/20)
- Two Bills with Key Housing Provisions Pass House (7/2/20)
- LeadingAge hosts call with REAC leadership (7/1/20)
- HUD Proposes New RAD for PRAC Forms, Provides RAD Updates (7/1/20) UPDATED
- HUD's Agency Plan for Use of CARES Act Funds (6/30/20)
- HUD Responds on Not Distributing CARES Act Senior Housing Funds (6/29/20)
- CMS Announces Changes to 5-Star Rating System; End of Staffing Submission Waiver (6/26/20)
- HHS Clarifies Provider Relief Medicaid Distribution Application Items (6/26/20)
- GAO: 29% Older Adult Renters Severely Cost Burdened (6/26/20)
- One Provider’s View: Lessons Learned from the Pandemic (6/26/20)
- New PPP Rules Provides Updates on Loan Forgiveness Processes (6/26/20)
- Life Safety Experts On 1135 Waivers Compliance for Nursing Homes (6/26/20)
- CMS Issues Visitation FAQs for Nursing Home Providers (6/25/20)
- HUD and FCC to Co-Host Webinar on Lifeline Program (6/25/20)
- CMS Toolkit on State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 Prevalence in Nursing Homes (7/7/20) NEW
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (7/2/20)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (6/26/20)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (6/19/20)
- Diagnostic Testing Support for Affordable Housing Communities (6/17/20)
- Staff Vacations and Travel Considerations During COVID-19 (6/17/20)
- CDBG as Resource for Senior Housing COVID-19 Costs (6/16/20)
- Quickcast: Reopening Considerations for Affordable Housing Providers (6/15/20)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (6/15/20)
- NHSN Reporting Issues Cheat Sheet (6/12/20)
- LeadingAge, ElevatingHOME, VNAA Comments on CMS' May Interim Final Rule (7/7/20) NEW
- $1.2B Senior Housing Relief Bill Introduced in Senate (7/2/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Secretary Alex Azar on Public Health Emergency (6/30/20)
- Letter to the President and VP: Don’t Forget About Older Americans (6/18/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Congress on COVID-19 Relief Package (6/15/20) REVISED
- Letter to Vice President Pence: Investigate FEMA Failure (6/11/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Hospice Comment Letter to CMS (6/9/20)
- LeadingAge Letter to HUD Urging Release of CARES Act Senior Housing Funding (6/4/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Comments on CMS First Interim Final Rule (6/3/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Statement for the Record: Senate Special Committee on Aging (5/29/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Congress on COVID-19 Testing Needs (5/28/20)
- Letter sent to VP Pence: Focus on Providing PPE, Not Photo Ops (5/21/20)
A complete timeline of advocacy is available here.
QUESTIONS? Ask LeadingAge National, Your State Association, or Each Other: There are many ways to get help during this crisis. Staff at LeadingAge’s national office are always here for you. Contact our team directly or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about local and state issues, contact your state association. Join the MyLeadingAge Member Community COVID-19 group to ask questions, access resources, and share best practices for dealing with the coronavirus.