These measures should be part of regular assessment and feedback, and used to drive continuous process improvement – whether in customer or clinical services, operations or finance.
What quality metrics define and differentiate our services?
- Quality Scorecard
- Quality Resources
- NQF Endorses Quality Measures for Nursing Homes
- New Tool Measures Life Satisfaction in Congregate Settings
- QAPI Activities for Nursing Homes Addressed by CMS
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality: Long-term Care Resources
- Scripps Gerontology Center-Changing Minds: An Introduction to Person-Centered Care
How do we internally track and share publicly reported measures?
How do we use quality measurement for continuous process improvement?
- 5 Steps to Launching the Right Program for the Right Reason Nursing Home Quality Campaign
- INTERACT (Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers) Quality Improvement Program to Improve Care and Reduce Potentially Avoidable Hospitalizations
- QIO (Quality Improvement Organization) Guide To Implementing Principles of Quality Improvement
- AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality) Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture
- Artifacts of Culture Change; An Organizational Readiness and Assessment Tool
- Dining Culture Change in Long-Term Care Homes: Transitioning to Resident-Centered and Relational Meals
- Promoting successful eating in long-term care: Relationships with residents are key
- LeadingAge QuickCast: Getting the Most Out of CAHPS
- AHRQ Safety Program for Nursing Homes: On-Time Pressure Ulcer Healing
Are we implementing IT systems that facilitate care coordination and ease transitions of care for older adults?
- Are EHRs Measuring Up on Quality Reporting?
- CAST EHR Selection Portfolio Contains New Features
- Innovation: The Constant Drive to Improve
- Electronic Health Records: CAST Releases 2014 Selection Portfolio Update
- 5 Steps along the Road to Health IT Connectedness
- Quality Assessment: Is Your Technology Doing Enough?
- LeadingAge Magazine – Building a Partnership and a New Model for Post Acute Care
Does the board review and support the quality measures selected and do the measures align with our strategic plan?
Do we have a regular interval for reporting these measures to staff and leadership within the organization?
Do we utilize your data and quality reports to differentiate your services to potential referral sources?