The LeadingAge LTSS Center @UMass Boston conducts research designed to help our nation address the challenges and seize the opportunities associated with a growing older population.
LeadingAge and the University of Massachusetts Boston established the joint center in 2017. The center, with offices in Washington, DC and Boston, is the first of its kind to blend the resources of a major research university with the expertise and experience of applied researchers working with providers and consumers in the field of long-term services and supports (LTSS). The center is assisted by the ongoing generous support of Community Catalyst.
The center’s primary goal is to translate research into policy and practice so its work can serve as a foundation for government policies and provider actions to improve quality of care and quality of life for vulnerable older adults.
The center’s current work includes studies to:
- Assess the role of housing plus services models in affordable senior housing communities,
- Explore strategies for strengthening the LTSS workforce,
- Identify evidence-based practices to enhance nursing home quality,
- Advance intergenerational programming, and
- Study new approaches to financing long-term services and supports.
Contact the LeadingAge LTSS Center @UMass Boston:
2519 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008
Wheatley Hall, 3rd Floor, Room 124A
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd.
Boston, MA 02125