January 17, 2013 - July 19, 2013
In keeping with the success of their previous highly-rated distance learning education offerings, various LeadingAge states and Plante Moran have teamed to offer a series of affordable, up-to-date distance learning educational sessions about the process of completing the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0, and the impact of its accuracy.
The MDS is the focal point of everything in long-term care (survey, quality measures, Five-Star, corporate compliance, Nursing Home Compare data, and reimbursement).
Successful surveys (Traditional or QIS) demand accuracy. The information to consumers must accurately reflect the level of care and services the facility provides. Rightful reimbursement for Medicare and Medicaid requires an accurate MDS. Mandatory corporate compliance begins in March 2013 and all systems are part of the scrutiny.
Each session is 90 minute, and is designed to flow from one to the next and fit the current needs of all disciplines involved in the assessment process. Each session, 13 in all, will have time for questions and answers.
The team can hear and see the same information at the same time via audio format; no travel expenses for the facility and continuing education certificates are offered.
- January 17: Overview of the New Interpretive Guidelines (Executive Director, Administrator, Director of Nursing, Corporate Staff, Nursing, Social Services, Activities, Dining Services).
- January 30: Readiness for Medicare Reviews (Nursing, Therapy, Billing).
- February 15: Accuracy of the MDS-Where are the Problems? (Nursing, Social Services, Activities, Dining Services).
- February 27: Attain or Maintain your Highest Star (Five-Star) (Executive Director, Administrator, Director of Nursing, Corporate Staff, Nursing).
- March 13: Quality Measures and Survey (Nursing, Social Services, Activities, Dining Services).
- March 22: Quality Assurance/Process Improvement (QA/PI) (Executive Director, Administrator, Director of Nursing, Corporate Staff, Nursing, Social Services, Activities, Dining Services).
- April 3: When and If to Skill the Resident (Executive Director, Administrator, Nursing).
- April 17: RUG IV and Medicare Reimbursement (Nursing, Therapy).
- May 8: Therapy and Nursing Can Work Together (Nursing, Therapy).
- May 23: The Final Piece of Reimbursement – ADLs (Nursing).
- June 12: Restorative Programs – the Time is NOW (Nursing, Therapy).
- June 26: Nutritional Status and the Associated CAAs (Dietary).
- July 19: The Federal Focus on Unnecessary Medications (Nursing).
Please contact your State Association for details.