August 28, 2012
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) recently approved an accounting standards update (ASU) that changes the way continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) account for certain refundable advance fees.
In this webinar sponsored by CliftonLarsonAllen, we will discuss the significant impact this will have on the financial statements of many CCRCs.
At this session, you will learn
- The background behind this ASU and the financial and non-financial implications.
- Implementation concerns and effective dates.
- Market considerations - positives and negatives of contract modifications.
- The effect on future service obligation calculations and potential market perceptions.
Who should attend
This session is ideal for CEOs, CFOs, controllers, board chairs, and finance or audit committee chairs.
- Cline Comer, Health Care Partner
- Mario Mckenzie, Health Care Partner