August 1, 2012
Dementia-related behaviors can be strenuous on
the individual, care team, family and friends. Expanding our knowledge of
person-centered approaches ensures that not-for-profit aging services providers
continue to be on the forefront of care management, remain in compliance with
the latest regulations and most importantly, keep the individual at the heart
of everything we do.
- An overview of CMS’ initiative to reduce the use of antipsychotic drugs in nursing home residents by 15% by the end of this year.
- Discover non-pharmacological, person-centered approaches to manage dementia-related behaviors.
- Obtain resources to help ensure appropriate use of medications for dementia care in skilled nursing, assisted living and other settings.
- Cheryl Philips, senior vice president of public policy and advocacy, LeadingAge, Washington, DC
- Tena Alonzo, program director, Beatitudes Campus, Phoenix, AZ
LeadingAge has applied to receive one NAB Continuing Education (CE) credit for participating in this webinar.