The LeadingAge Innovations Fund
The LeadingAge Innovations Fund is designed to catalyze innovation among our members to develop programs that have the potential for demonstrable impact on residents, clients, families, employees or the broader community and have the potential for replication.
Due to the generosity of LeadingAge members and a $50,000 matching contribution from the NewCourtland Foundation, the Innovations Fund will award 4-6 grants totaling $100,000. Individual awards will be a maximum of $25,000. The proposal deadline for round 1 has passed, stay tuned for information about round 2.
Round 1 Funding Areas
The LeadingAge Board of Directors has designated the inaugural grant awards to projects that address the critical importance of bringing housing and services together to meet with the needs of lower income elderly to age safely in place.
Proposals were sought that address one or several of the following dimensions of housing with services:
- Assessment - development/implementation of resident assessment tools; using information to prioritize services; developing resident service plans.
- Health and Wellness Programming - health promotion activities; self-care management; chronic care management; transitional care and health education.
- Partnerships with Service Providers - co-location of services; development of formal collaborations with community health and social service agencies.
- Workforce Training -service coordinator training; property manager training around linking housing and services.
- Technology - projects that incorporate or seek to implement assistive devices, monitoring systems, telehealth and/or electronic health records.
Questions about proposals or the Innovation Fund may be sent to email@example.com.
More About the Innovations Fund
Round 1 Innovations Fund Recipients
We are pleased to announce the first-round recipients of grants from our Innovations Fund. The first-year grants were given to projects that focused on the importance of bringing housing and services together to allow lower-income elderly to safely age in place.
Innovations Fund Prospectus
The transformation of our field will occur at the intersection of innovative services developed by our members; disciplined, applied research to study the efficacy of those services; and sound public policy formulation to support effective practices. The LeadingAge Innovations Fund will help us continue this great work.
Innovation and transformation of the field, however, will require support that transcends annual budget temporalities. We ask you to consider a donation to the fund.
About the NewCourtland Foundation
The NewCourtland Foundation has provided a $50,000 matching grant for this initial phase of grantmaking. The foundation supports not-for-profit organizations that have a stated mission of providing housing and/or programming to low-income seniors.